Now that you have decided to buy new, it is important to understand your protection. In Ontario, new home owners are protected under the Tarion Warranty Corporation. Tarion is a private corporation which protects the rights of new home buyers and regulates new home builders. Tarion administers the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act, which outlines the warranty protection that new home purchasers are entitled to in Ontario.
- License new home builders and vendors
- Ensure builders/vendors abide by the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act
- Help educate new home buyers about their warranty rights
- Protect consumers when builders fail to fulfil their warranty obligations
- Resolve disputes about warranty coverage
- Investigate illegal building practices
- Promote high standards of new home construction
Tarion offers a Licensed Builder Directory that legitimizes all builders in Ontario.
Kelly Homes Inc. is a registered builder under the Tarion Warranty Corporation (Registration #44585).